View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 01:47 AM   #11
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6charlong View Post
Many thanks to all of you.

Following your advice my first step was to find and download the free WiFi Analyzer from the Amazon apps store. It gave me several surprises.

My neighborhood has lots and lots of Wi-Fi routers. Mine was shown on channel 11 along with several others. It recommended I switch to channel 1, 5 or 6 but before I could do anything everything changed. Now those channels were overloaded and it recommended something else. As I watched it was almost like watching a game of tag with the routers in the neighborhood chasing each other up and down the list until it looked like nothing was safe.

I had lots of fun walking around the house with the Kindle in hand measuring signal strength throughout the house. I had been trying to watch videos in almost the worst location I could have chosen. At least now I know where to settle to watch a video.

BTW, it turns out the router I got for Christmas a few years ago is a dual band router but the 5GHz band is the worst unless I'm sitting pretty close to the router which is actually impractical without re-wiring the house.

Thanks again for the help.
Yep that's how it is here. My new router Auto changes the channel as mention is the post above. So I no longer have to fight anymore. I have 30MB DL speed so we can have many devices going and no issues whatsoever.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote