View Single Post
Old 08-07-2015, 08:05 AM   #9
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
youa re right - it won't run an a PW, but my point was that those guys have solved the problem of how to have chords above lyrics and still have everything reflowable. They did it by reworking an old format called chord pro
so you could look at how they did it - explained on their web site, then make something similar, maybe
but actually if I make a chords over words word doc & then send to kindle,i.e. email that doc to the kindle address, I should get a mobi file that looks OK on my kindle devices ( I do not have a PW but the method shoudl be valid for all kindles).

UPDATE: hmm. may need a little fine tuning. I sent one test doc , which appears as azw on my fire tablet after a few seconds. But the chords alighment is not perfect, some need moving further to the right. I guess that is because I use a mixture of spaces and tabs within word. Could be you have to make it with all spaces for a perfect conversion
But try it.

another approach is to go to ultimate guitar tabs, choose a chords arrangement, chosoe print version, inspect html source in browser . e.g. I see this , but I don't get how those spans are preserving the alignments :
view-source:http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/a/ar...espect_crd.htm

Code:
Verse 1:

<span>G7</span>               <span>F7</span>
	   What you want    baby, I got it
	<span>G7</span>               <span>F7</span>
	   What you need    you know I got it
	<span>G7</span>                <span>F7</span>
	   All I'm askin'    is for a little
	    <span>C7</span>                                     <span>F7</span>
	Respect when you come home           hey, baby
	                 (just a little bit)           (just a little bit)
	               <span>C7</span>                        <span>F7</span>
	When you come home                    Mister
	                 (just a little bit)           (just a little bit)
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote