Thread: MobileRead Discussion/Suggestion Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 10:42 AM   #153
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun surfer View Post
Other category possibilities I would be interested in:

-Drama (not plays) - We could really use a category for "normal" plots, no wizards, no aliens, no serial killers, etc. We currently have no category that could fit in many good books because the plots don't fall into some special genre, so this category could fill that hole.

-Young Adult - I've always liked YA, it would be a fun, easy category, and it's a very distinct category that would fit in well.

-Adventure - As in, travelling, exploring, etc. It could include books from say, Crocodile on the Sandbank, to The Princess Bride, to Indiana Jones type stories, to spy thrillers such as James Bond, to westerns, to even The Odyssey. I think it could be a great category.
I like all of these suggestions. But I also don't mind the award winners category either.

I'm personally not so fussed with a non-fiction category, but I can always skip that month if people want to have it. I don't participate every month anyway.

After all that though, I don't care if we keep the two classics months. I must just be a particularly affable chap today.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote