View Single Post
Old 03-02-2012, 12:44 PM   #15
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
If libraries boycott Random House, what books are they going to acquire for their ebook collections??? Isn't Random House the last of the majors to even SELL to libraries? Selling at inflated prices is vastly better than not selling to libraries at all. Is it better than a 26-checkout limit on the license? I dunno. Discuss.

And someone tell me if I'm reading this right:

The article says that Overdrive doesn't disclose their markup on books. BUT we can crunch our own numbers from the article:

- Eisenhower in War and Peace: library price $140. This is a new HC so RC's wholesale pricing was $65 to $85. Let's assume the high end ($85), and Overdrive is making $75 on this title, or roughly 60% markup (is my math right?)

- Blessings: library price $45. Wholesale price $25 to $50. Too broad a range to know what the markup is.

- 10 Easter Egg Hunters: library price $26.97. Wholesale price $25 to $45. Doesn't compute!

eP
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote