View Single Post
Old 01-27-2010, 06:58 PM   #11
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
First, it's an LED screen, not LCD hence no backlight as pixels provide the light themselves (also means longer battery life... tho' I'd like more than 10 hours). Second... why replace... add... I see this as ideal for reading comics and non-fiction especially tech/history stuff where formatting is important to meaning and content.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolenka View Post
Nope. iBooks simply can't replace a proper reader for me. I read enough that the LCD + very limited functionality is nowhere close to being able to replace my reader (it comes across as 'me too' rather than 'let me show you how to do it right' as an app).
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote