View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 10:15 PM   #2
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by laknights View Post
One final question... are touch screens really better than a keyboard for the e-reader?
For me? Yes. For lots of others? Yes.

I remember one of the biggest complaints about the first three Kindles was the keyboard. It was "ugly." Many derided it as a "giant calculator." I found it amusing, but honestly, the keyboard never did anything for me. Despite having relatively small fingers, I found the keyboard difficult to use. When I got my Sony 950, I was so happy to leave the keyboard behind and use the touch screen. When the Kindle Touch came out, I was very happy to replace my K3. The popup keyboard on the Touch screen is far easier for me to use than the mechanical keyboard on the K3.

Do some people love the keyboard? Of course they do. Are there enough of them to sustain Amazon keeping it in the lineup? I seriously doubt it. However, only Amazon knows for sure how popular the unit still is.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote