View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 12:31 PM   #10
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkkid View Post
Is there software,i could buy to do that,i just bought kindle off Amazon and im additionally looking at a second hand Prs-505.
If a book has DRM, does that mean after hits a certain date is it unusable or does it just restricted me to that format.

The DRM makes it more difficult to move a book from one device to another, so between a Kindle and a Sony. As Harry said, the only time a DRM would cause a book to disappear from any device is if it was a library book.

The only way that you will lose your Amazon books is if you do something that causes Amazon to cancel your Amazon account or if Amazon goes out of business. Otherwise, every book you buy from Amazon will be archived for you by Amazon. There are some folks who download all their books to their computer just to be safe but I have not found that necessary. If you chose to download your books to your computer it is very easy to do, simply select Donlad to Computer when you are in your Kindle Account.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote