View Single Post
Old 07-05-2010, 11:58 AM   #77
dixieknits
Addict
dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook Color
My update of my firmware is complete and all went well. I did have one spot, where it told me to retry to update as it looked for my new driver. Had one other glitch, where the paper clip recommended would not fit in the reset hole and I had to use the blunt end of a sewing needle..I did have to redo my few books in Libre as the page turning and memory was not correct, but after that was completed, all is reading well.
I followed all of the instructions trustingly and am glad I'm computer savy as I think only about 20% of the folks purchasing these from Borders could could successfully complete the upgrade and could not read the ebooks without.
As much as I think this is nice little reader, I find the lack of support from the point of purchase and actually from Lobo very poor. Our Borders is only one block away from a Barnes and Noble and a Bestbuy and the Barnes and Noble saleslady is telling anyone visitng her kiosk, shopping for info that the Kobo text cannot be read and that the batteries are all malfunctioning. In all honesty, this is the truth and perhaps these readers should be updated now..The Nook has alot of glitzy promos/ covers etc and I think are selling much faster and IMHO really a more confusing and certainly a more proprietary unit. If it were my store, I"d make sure every single ereader leaving had been upgraded prior to sale, but the sales agents are not allowed to open the boxes. Maybe sales should be halted until they are updated.. Had I purchased the Kobo and not found this forum, I"d have returned it in an hour. I live in a Florida retirement town and most folks would be unable to read or deal with the ugrades.. Please Kobo, fix your products before selling any more, you are just giving Kindle and Nook more customers.

zI'
dixieknits is offline   Reply With Quote