View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 12:08 AM   #1
bthoven
Evangelist
bthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Retrieved news feeds can't be downloaded to Stanza on iPhone

Hi,

I have a weird issue with Calibre (now 0.6.19) on news feeds and Stanza on my iPhone when using Shared Books function.

Usually after Calibre fetching news feeds and I use wifi to go into the Shared Books function, I should see list of news feeds which I have just fetched and not been downloaded there; so I can download it to my iPhone without problem.

The issue is sometimes when going into the Shared Books, the news which I've just fetched showed as "downloaded" (the blue circle with right arrow, instead of just the plain right arrow). When I tap that news, it turns out showing content from other existing ebooks/news on my Stanza.

Last night it happens to me several times when I tried to download Infoworld feed, Psychology Today Articles feed, and Psychology Article Blog.

My temporary solution is to delete those news from Calibre and fetch it again. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it took several re-fetches before I can download it to my Stanza.

Could you please shed the light as to why this could have happened?

Another question: how Calibre can automatically delete yesterday feeds after it get today one?

ps. FYI, I run same version of Calibre on two computers, one at office, and the other one at home. Both have different set of ebooks and news feeds. I also have had a clean install of Calibre 0.6.18 the other night and have replaced it (just installed over the 0.6.18) with 0.6.19 last night before I started fetching the news.

I used to have this problem before in the past and it went away after I had a fresh install of Calibre, without carrying over the existing ebooks/enews.

Last edited by bthoven; 10-27-2009 at 12:19 AM.
bthoven is offline   Reply With Quote