View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 11:33 PM   #425
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
If they sued everyone, legal fees would eat into profits. Now they just cherry pick for the easy wins, and settle the rest out of court. Plus it is extremely difficult to prove who did what. they only have an IP address. They have to get account info on whose account had that IP at that time, which usually requires a court order. Then they have to basically get the people to admit fault, because only the person who did it can get in trouble. The account holder isn't liable. Like if you borrow my car and crash into someone, you and your insurance are the ones on the hook. I would only be liable if i knew you shouldn't be driving and let you anyway.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote