View Single Post
Old 04-29-2011, 10:14 PM   #1
bobcdy
Fanatic
bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bebook; prs-950; nook simple touch; HTC Jetstream tablet
killer problem with Acer Iconia A500 tablet

Today I purchased the Iconia A500 tablet. Went through set-up and then tried epubs and pdf book files on it. The epubs worked great BUT the Google Books pdf files essentially crashed the app. Either the image pdfs would not show any text, or would only show very small text (scarcely readable), and even then would not consistently turn pages. Perhaps it's a memory problem - the Iconia has only 16 gig internal memory, and the two google pdfs files were 20 and 57 gigs.

It looks like I'll have to return the tablet tomorrow because the main reason I bought it was for pdf's. The wifi, etc. are nice extras but fundamentally it appears to be completely unsuited to my needs.

Last edited by bobcdy; 05-01-2011 at 04:01 PM.
bobcdy is offline   Reply With Quote