View Single Post
Old 01-08-2021, 12:28 AM   #9
Luffy
Wizard
Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryhermit View Post
I'm about a third of the way through "The Great Gatsby" (after IIRC having read it in HS almost 20 years ago) and all I can think about is that it's massively overrated
I too used have that opinion, but after reading some analysis on it, it shows why many people still talk about TGG.

If we implement a feminist approach, we'd see how Jordan, who is an independent, and in full 1920 regalia, is described in unflattering ways. Every single woman who disrespects patriarchy comes unstuck. I'm not going to spoil it for you, but there are layers to this short book.

Last edited by Luffy; 01-08-2021 at 06:37 AM.
Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote