View Single Post
Old 12-12-2009, 05:17 PM   #9
Kralik
Guru
Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted NST
OK, here's a link!

http://drop.io/jetBookLibre

The filename is ebook-AluratekBook-v0.15h. The jetBook/Dr. Easy firmwares will always look for ebook-*.bin, while the current Aluratek firmware looks for AluratekBook*.bin. So... it needs to have the ebook- prefix. If you were to flash to the jetBook firmware, most likely you'd need to rename it from ebook-99-JL04-v0.33g to AluratekBook-99-JL04-v0.33g.

After the first flash, it booted, but didn't display the menus - just a tiny square in the middle of the screen. I could get to the book listings using the shortcut keys. So, I reset, and then all was good. I don't think a second flash is necessary. However, if you did want to try a second flash, you'd then need to remove the ebook- prefix.

The only thing I did was remove the checks that were causing the failure and then repackage the files. I was very careful to preserve the Linux file permissions, username/group, and regenerate md5sums.

DISCLAIMER: USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Since I don't use the jetBook's search/dictionary features, I may stick with the Libre firmware. I like the PDF handling (reflow options) and the auto-resizing of ePUB images (on the jetBook, title pages won't fit in the screen. Note my avatar: Sherlock's head is chopped off. Libre shows entire image, scaled).

Last edited by Kralik; 12-12-2009 at 05:19 PM.
Kralik is offline   Reply With Quote