View Single Post
Old 09-26-2019, 01:48 PM   #7
Amon_Re
Zealot
Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Poketbook Inkpad 3 & Boyue Likebook Minas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michal Jancik View Post
Pocketbook Inkpad 3 + aplication "pbimageviewer."

The price is favorable and for the stated need quite enough. I think the price is extra for something else.
Likebook Mimas is much heavier against Inkpad 3 and costs twice as much.
Inkpad 3 is also much better battery life, it is better portable.
I couldn't find much information on the Inkpad 3 regarding comics & manga at the time but it was a contender

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Hopefully you've not yet purchased the Likebook. Here is a video cmparing the likebook to the Onyx Book Note Pro.

I looked at them both but finally settled on the LikeBook Minas, so far the experience has been solid. There are some small niggles I noticed with the software (eg: deleting a book and later copying it again to the device doesn't show the cover) but no deal breakers.

Quote:
I agree.
"BOOX" has better optimized SW how "Likebook". Still, reading only "MANGA" seems to me a lot of money.
It's not the only use case but the most common one. I also read a lot of technical ebooks and some pdf's.

Quote:
I also think That Likebook has a heavy enough weight for a comfortable reading (431g half kilo) .
* If you already "LikeBook", I would prefer to choose "LikeBook Alita" even if it does not have mechanical buttons.
I've had the LikeBook Minas for a few weeks now, the weight doesn't really bother me.

Quote:
Manga format ~ "7.8". Buying a device nearly 10 inch and more device seems to me expensive excess.
Manga, as I mentioned before, I read on "Pocketbook Inkpad 3" (or KOBO Forma how alternative) and it's more than enough. Good contrast, 300dpi, light, battery life, good price. Paying almost twice as much seems to me superfluous.
I have a Kobo AURA One that served me well but storage space was too limiting. Sadly the 32GB models are not on sale in my country nor any of the trusted importers I tend to use. Warranty also played a role in my decision to go with the LikeBook Minas.

Quote:
ps: That's better "eOneBook Manga Reader"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlmpan-Ywxk
I do love me some Hokuto no Ken but that thing is severely limited in use
Amon_Re is offline   Reply With Quote