View Single Post
Old 03-07-2011, 03:34 PM   #7
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcohen View Post
In the real world I have whats commonly referred to as Chronic Type A Insomnia, which translated to the king's english means that I can't get to sleep. There are two types of insominacs type A like me that can't get to sleep (Once we are there we have no problem staying there) and type B that can get there just can't stay there (these are the people that are always waking in the middle of the night). There are also chronic insominacs like me that can never do it and casual insominacs that don't get it all of the time just a few times each month. I know technology makes little difference in my chronic type A insomnia.
You have my sympathy. I have had chronic lifetime severe insomnia. My record - which i never hope to break - is 11 hours sleep in Jan 1993. Now i take heavy drugs and use a CPAP to sleep. It is delicious to be asleep!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWriter View Post
The light from backlit screens (computers, TVs, etc.) interferes with the production of the hormone melatonin, which regulates sleep. Devices such as the Kindle don't have backlit screens, but you do need some source of light to read when it's dark. Some people are sensitive to even small amounts of light at night, such as digital clocks.

Reading may be too stimulating for some (I suppose it depends on the book!), but it tends to make me sleepy. I even have this problem during the daytime.
My lighted cover for the Sony used to bother Tim. I, on the other hand, can not sleep if he leaves his shaver on the charger, because the indicator light is too much. And certainly not if anything is lit up in the living room, like the satellitebox or something. The curtains are thick blue "black out" curtains, well curtain, because they are sewn together to avoid having a crack that lets in sunlight.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote