View Single Post
Old 01-09-2020, 05:44 PM   #289
katadelos
rm -rf /
katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K5, KT, KT2, KT3, KT4, KV, PW2, PW3, PW4, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaviolira View Post
Hi katadelos, and/or anyone else that might be able to help a fellow lazy kindler out!

So, I was able to confirm that the kernel on my PW1 is of an earlier version than the PW3. I just wanted to kindly ask if there's any possible hope to get KindleLazy working on a PW1 without getting deep into the coding of the app, or not.

The main reason is that then I can give up on this fun little project and know that I did all I could I enjoyed learning about Kindle jailbreaking, and will be hoping Amazon decides to have built-in bluetooth input functionality in their future kindles (I'm a very hopeful person sometimes...)

Thanks so much!

Below is the response I got when I queried the kernel version after SSHing into my PW1.

Linux kindle 2.6.31-rt11-lab126 #1 Thu Nov 29 23:37:38 PST 2012 armv7l GNU/Linux
It's probably possible to get KindleLazy running on your device but it would likely be a tedious process that would involve some work on your part.

The most important thing that you need to work out is whether your powered USB hub is detected by your Kindle.

If it is, then we might be able to help you to compile KindleLazy from source. The issue that you've got is that the release version of KindleLazy contains binaries and kernel modules that are against different libc and kernel versions to your PW1, meaning that the program will fail to run.

Kernel modules are relatively simple to compile for different Kindle models but the KindleLazy binaries themselves seem to require a bunch of X11 header files that you'd need to get hold of. You'd also need to pull some shared libraries from your Kindle.

2 things to try (if you're still interested in running it on your PW1):
  • Plug your USB hub into your Kindle and check the output from dmesg
  • Run the shell scripts in KindleLazy/bin from an SSH session and show us the output
katadelos is offline   Reply With Quote