View Single Post
Old 12-22-2019, 03:14 PM   #60
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
But I can finally duplicate it. In a few simpler steps. Thanks for sticking to it until you found something reproduceable!

1) make sure Sigil is closed
2) launch Sigil (empty epub)
3) click File->New->Default|Epub2|Epub33 (doesn't matter what kind of new epub)
4) place cursor before the p tag in Code View
5) split using the shortcut or Edit->Split at Cursor

The bottom line is that the problem doesn't manifest until some tabs get closed/destroyed. Seems to get worse with each tab that gets closed (or each new epub that's created without closing Sigil and relaunching).

@Kevin: I don't know that it's necessarily another issue associated with the Create New Epub2|3 feature, because I can get it to happen without using it. Closing some open tabs in general seems to trigger it. Until you close a tab, splitting seems to work as expected.

Reproduceable on Windows 10 and Linux.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 12-22-2019 at 04:38 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote