View Single Post
Old 07-19-2009, 04:28 AM   #45
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
But, Harry, I don't have that option to set the justification on. ( and ADE/Sony doesn't even yet use that option!!!)

So to get my text to be full justification, I set the <body> to have "text-align: justify" which will not override any explicit declaration of <div align="left"> or <div align="right">.

It merely gives a default setting, that in your case IS the default setting, but doesn't allow it to be switched off!

However, that setting now allows my reader to have that option and obviously I can't turn it off!

So, now both readers/formats are on par, a sort of compromise...
I completely understand that, Nick. I guess what I'm saying is that, desirable though it would be, in reality it's probably impractical to have completely "generic" HTML for multiple book formats. Final device-specific "tweaks" immediately before building the book will always be necessary to deal with the quirks of particular devices. I regard those basically as a part of the build process for a device.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote