View Single Post
Old 01-03-2021, 12:16 PM   #40
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
I'm hardly going to buy the ebook as well as the paper version, but actually the paper version is so hard to read I've been tempted.

Besides even if the ebook version was ghastly, I'd know how to fix it!
I did that with The Corner by David Simon. It was bloody long, and the paperback that I'd ordered was somewhere between 600 and 800 pages, if memory serves, but OMG, they must have typeset it in 9pt font. I wear progressive glasses, so that I'm not toting 3 pairs of specs around with me (reading, driving and now Telly), and trying to read the paperback was a nightmare. I was constantly moving either my head or the book, trying to keep the text crisp enough to read. After an hour of that, I'd have headaches or neck-aches or something-aches.

I finally just clicked and bought the goddamned thing in Kindle, so that I could read it without all the physical gyrations and aggravation. Worked a treat. :-)

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote