View Single Post
Old 01-18-2020, 05:17 AM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suffolk Punch View Post
Thanks both.

My main OS is linux mint. But I keep a tame win7 vm for various windows apps that don't work in linux (or not reliably). Of course, Calibre doesn't fall into that fold! However, Adobe Digital Editions and Kindle for PC do (in my opinion). Plus I need IE with ActiveX (yuck!) for other purposes.

Anyway, I've restored the Win 7 VM, to the status quo ante where Calibre's e-reader displays books nicely.
Windows 7 is dead and there are going to be a number of unsupported programs such as Calibre. Dump Linux as it's a mess and install Windows 10 (not in a VM).
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote