View Single Post
Old 01-15-2020, 06:44 PM   #25
jxall
Enthusiast
jxall does all things with Zen-like beautyjxall does all things with Zen-like beautyjxall does all things with Zen-like beautyjxall does all things with Zen-like beautyjxall does all things with Zen-like beautyjxall does all things with Zen-like beautyjxall does all things with Zen-like beautyjxall does all things with Zen-like beautyjxall does all things with Zen-like beautyjxall does all things with Zen-like beautyjxall does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Clara HD (patched, 100% kepubs); Calibre 5 (Win10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I just picked a book, https://standardebooks.org/ebooks/an...rton/star-born, and downloaded both the epub and kepub versions. I added the epub version to calibre and enabled the KoboTouchExtended driver. Then I sent it to the device. I put the kepub version directly on the device. Paging through each of them, I couldn't see any difference between them.

And comparing the code in the two versions, there is no significant differences between them. Which isn't surprising as the Python code they use add the spans is a direct rip from the KoboTouchExtended driver. Hell, as @PeterT stated, it is even called "kobo_touch_extended".

So, what are the differences you are seeing?
I replicated your test and you're right: there are no differences in this case.

I had performed my test with Great Expectations and differences were there and easy too see, though. I really don't know what to think!
jxall is offline   Reply With Quote