View Single Post
Old 12-26-2019, 04:41 PM   #11
teija
Gadget fiend
teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite 2021, Sony PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookyboy View Post
Gross. Just gross.

Private equity. Ugh.

It makes me wonder if they are looking to part with all of Kobo at some point also
This news about Overdrive is very sad indeed! I only JUST picked up a Kobo Clara HD 3 weeks ago so that I could make use of the handy Overdrive integration...now I fear that may disappear!

I do have to honestly wonder if Kobo is making much money these days... Hard to compete with the "mainstream" Amazon Kindle ecosystem for its ease of use and integration with regular "shopping". (i.e. A user can go onto the Amazon site to buy household supplies and then easily pop over to the Kindle section to buy something to read, or be linked to something via their suggestions).
teija is offline   Reply With Quote