View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 02:32 PM   #32
simplyparticular
Guru
simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3 & GlowLight 4
The survey's questions are formatted with some assumptions:

1. that you read on a eReading device
2. that it is the only device you own or that your most recent ereader is more important than previous ones
3. that the most recent device dictates how you purchase ebooks now.

Many MR members own multiple devices and buy books for all of those multiple devices.
Many MR members read on PDAs and smartphones, which they have done for multiple devices. By forcing them to choose a device and date when answering the purchases question, you are skewing the data, perhaps in ways you didn't intend.

My example:
Device: Other (iPhone 3G)
Purchased: Oct 2009
How many books purchased for "this device": 15, since Oct 09 (2 from Amazon, 13 from FW)

But, it wasn't my first iPhone, which I bought in Feb 09. Since Feb 09 I've bought 38 books.

And, before that I read on various Palm OS devices for years - over 250 books. But the questions aren't designed to get that answer from me.

So depending on what your goal is, I'm not sure how much meaningful data you're going to get from the non-device folks.

And are you going to share the results when the survey is done? Enquiring minds want to know
simplyparticular is offline   Reply With Quote