Thread: Chapter Markers
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2013, 07:51 AM   #4
jakann86
jakann86 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Thank you

Thanks for the responses. I've uploaded the single html file... which worked apart from the chapters (the ToC does work in the go-to menu - it's just the chapters that aren't working). I've also uploaded a zip file with the html, opf and ncx files and that made no difference. I've tried creating these files with Sigil... no luck (yes, chap titles are formatted with headings). Tried Calibre... no luck. Editing them myself... no luck!

The problem is that, whilst I do understand html to some extent, I am not a programmer so some of the code is alien to me. I suspect there will probably be one stupid error somewhere that is causing these issues.

I use scrivener to write my books and have just tried exporting a mobi from there. When I load that onto my kindle it does allow access to the Chapters from the go-to menu. I didn't really want to do it this way because I prefer to have clean code that works exactly as I want it to... but this may be the best way for me to do it :/ It'll take me a while to configure Scrivener to do what I want it to in compile, but at least everything will be working on the kindle.

Thanks so much for your responses!
jakann86 is offline   Reply With Quote