View Single Post
Old 04-07-2012, 01:09 AM   #42
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Athens80 View Post
The Kindle Fire charger delivers 1.8 amps; that's higher than the USB port specification. It's not the cable that is different, it is the power being sent that is different.

It's the same with the Apple iOS devices. The charger cable is identical, but the "transformer" that comes with the iPhone delivers less power than the "transformer" that comes with the iPad. Plug the cable into an iPhone adapter and you won't draw enough power to recharge the iPad overnight; plug the same cable into the iPad adapter and you will.

I get that but I meant the cable is one piece. Unlike a Kindle charger which is two pieces the cable and wall plug and they can be pulled apart, the Kindle Fire charger is just a cord with a big transformer that plugs into the wall. It's permanently attached at the end unlike other MicroUSB chargers in where you have two pieces, the cord and wall plug. So I was confused by the try another cable comment. I think Harry might have thought I was talking about the USB cable that plugs into the PC to transfer files to the Fire and I first thought he meant to use it to charge the Fire with.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote