Thread: iPad ePub transfer Question
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 09:29 AM   #13
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaK2 View Post
My rant for the day: What the publishers and eBook stores are doing is plain crazy. How about if people bought a Sony movie on DVD but could only play it on a Sony player????? It's the same principle and it's INSANE!!!!!!!!!!
Dak2, did you read my two posts at #9 and #10 above, which answer the questions you've just repeated?

You can use the books you've bought from Sony in Adobe DRM ePub format on almost every other current eReader device, with the notable exceptions of the Kindle and the iPad which have chosen to implement their own DRM rather than accept that the Adobe version has become a de facto standard.

Others in a similar situation have found it useful to use Google and search for "strip Adobe epub DRM". Obviously I can't suggest you do that, as it may involve breaking the law where you reside.

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote