View Single Post
Old 11-22-2009, 08:00 PM   #1
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
toc.ncx navpoint content=src empty?

Hi,

I am a new user to Sigil and I love it. One problem I have run into is that the toc.ncx file does not seem to be correctly produced (at least with verison 0.14 which I think is the latest.

The problems is that the content src= value is empty.

Here are a few snippets:

<navPoint id="navPoint-9" playOrder="9">
<navLabel>
<text>5: What Makes a Good Parent?</text>
</navLabel>
<content src=""/>
</navPoint>

or there is just a # sign

<navPoint id="navPoint-14" playOrder="14">
<navLabel>
<text>Inside a curious person</text>
</navLabel>
<content src="#"/>
</navPoint>

This causes all epub files I create to fail epubcheck-1.0.3.jar tests and does seem to be in violation of the rules for creating toc.ncx files at least as specified by Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EPUB which states:

"navPoint's content element points to a content document listed in the manifest and can also include an element identifier (e.g. #section1)."

Unfortunately this does not seem to be happening for me.

Is this a known problem? Is there a solution coming up?

Thanks,

Kevin
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote