View Single Post
Old 06-26-2013, 11:25 PM   #7
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@vrflash

Aaaah, I think I understand - I'm guessing you saved the Word file as Filtered HTML and added that into Calibre - Calibre would have created the ZIP from the file that Word wrote because that's what Calibre does with HTML files.

Reading the ZIP with Calibre will do a 'quick convert' to EPUB.

If you are using Word 2007 or later, I suggest you try saving the document as DOCX and adding it to the Book - Kovid has has recently added support for DOCX as an input format. Then convert the DOCX to AZW3.

And as PeterT suggests read the AZW3 with the Kindle for PC/MAC program. Reading Kindle format files with Calibre's Viewer may not give a true indication of what you would see on a Kindle reader because once again it does a 'quick convert' to EPUB.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 06-26-2013 at 11:30 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote