Thread: First ereader
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2013, 01:32 PM   #22
teija
Gadget fiend
teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite 2021, Sony PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansileran View Post
[LIST][*]Size: I guess it's ok for most people but I found it annoying to turn the pages so often.
Just two main thoughts from my perspective:

If you read as slowly as I do, you're not turning pages too often; it's just right for my speed/requirements... I just bought a PRS-650 so that I could try a bigger screen and honestly I don't really notice much difference when I'm immersed in a book. My go-to device is still the Mini, and it fits easily in my small purse.

I don't use the Mini for reading PDF's - that's what my computer is for. So, for my needs again (plain books), it's just right.

So... The Kobo Mini is probably only a "good" device for a specific section of the eReader customer demographic... namely people like me, who don't want to invest the full price into a device because they aren't 100% convinced they'd use it (and maybe weren't ever avid book-readers)... but now, I find reading books much easier and more enjoyable, all thanks to my Mini.
teija is offline   Reply With Quote