View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 03:12 AM   #48
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
SteveEisenberg,

And producing crapware that continually annoys people release after release can kill even an innovate product. DEAD. Sorry, I'm from the old school. I designed products good enough that I could sell the prototype and have it function for 10 years without a service call in a manufacturing environment. The fricking prototype.

I'm hopeful that the Kobo team will eventually get their collective head out of their collective arse, but is there really any programming or hardware or design professional in here that could live with how many bugs they seem to crank out in every release? Embarrassment alone would be more than sufficient motivation for me. Do they not realize their names are on the About page?

Do they plan on simply not listing their time at Kobo on a resume, or has the entire world accepted the level of mediocrity they display each time they release firmware, and within hours have to start working on yet another release to fix bugs that simply can't be lived with?

I'm optimistic, they produced a nice piece of hardware in the Glo, but this level of software mediocrity is sad. Frankly, I'm amazed that a Japanese owned company does this poorly at generating a better product. I remember a time when this level of incompetence would have guaranteed better performance through attrition and had the management issuing apologies. How many times can you release without fixing past issues, and continue to introduce new ones and still hold your heads up?

Frankly, I didn't mean for this to be a condemnation, but geez, where does the buck stop anymore?
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote