View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 06:19 PM   #73
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
I do not do that. I think in concepts and structures, and math and logic. Verbalizing things just makes them harder to grasp and also you need powerful concepts for thinking since you can only handle an handful of concepts at a time.

Related to that I have noticed that when I read philosophers writing logical statements using ordinary language it is extremely hard to grasp what they mean but the corresponding logical/mathematical formula is much easier to understand.
Very interesting. I seem to be completely the other way around, in that I find verbalizing the logical statements makes them clearer to me. Okay, I can see now that someone who thinks that way while coding may not find it easy to describe their code using natural language. Thanks.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote