Thread: Duokan 2013
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2012, 05:43 AM   #590
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by michcss View Post
Hi,
I've got Kindle 4.1.0 Firware (on Kindle 4 non touch) and I'm trying to use newest Doukan...
...then during installation appears "Device is Kindle 4 WiFi (K4) (OK, DuoKan is ready for the device) ... ....NOT ENOUGH SPACE, ...REBOOT in ... seconds...".
I've got stock firware with none modifications, and on the device is over 1gb free space.
Like said by geekmaster:

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
It is Duokan that is trying to use more space than you have available on a stock kindle firmware (no hacks installed, and not too many books). That is a Duokan problem.
What can you do now:
  • Can try again after resetting it to factory default ( in case you have a "large number of books" )
  • Can search through the installation scripts (DuoKanInstallK4.sh (or similar) )to find out and to loose this control point
  • Can try to get help from DuoKan team via kindleuser@duokan.com
  • Can search through their official forum to find out the soln

If you upload ...\DK_System\install folder here, I can also try to fix this false (?) alarm.

Last edited by thomass; 06-30-2012 at 05:49 AM.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote