View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 07:49 PM   #3
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalapombu View Post
Can anyone explain to me why Calibre transfers the MOBI files to the DOCUMENTS folder instead of the BOOKS folder? If I went in and moved all the of the MOBI files in the documents folder to the BOOKS folder, would they still show up in the BOOKS section on the device?
Calibre puts your ebooks in the Documents folder, because they are "personal documents" (i.e. not directly from the Kindle ebook store). However, Calibre could have put them in the Books folder instead - which folder to use was a choice that Calibre made.

There is a Books app and a Docs app (probably the same app with different defaults), but they both can read ebooks from the Books and Documents folders. Which app "owns" a MOBI ebook depends on the ebook's metadata. Most MOBIs from Calibre end up in the Books app, and if not - simply do a MOBI to MOBI conversion in Calibre and the resulting ebook will almost certainly be in the Books app. You can over ride this in Calibre if you want (i.e. force all Calibre MOBIs to show up in the Docs app).
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote