View Single Post
Old 01-08-2014, 11:42 AM   #18563
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewmartigan View Post
One of the main characters is a torturer by trade so there is torture throughout the trilogy. Having said that, I believe the first instance is the worst and most descriptive. It's a good series, I would recommend you keep going and see if it gets more palatable (not the torture, the book itself ) before you stop.
I'm really not enjoying this. I broke off to read some Georgette Heyer just to clean my palate. The book itself is well written, and I can see the appeal. But I really have no desire to spend my life reading about torture, brutality and gore. (Don't get me wrong - there's some MilSF I like quite a bit, such as the Empire of Man series. But gratuitous violence, torture, rape, and lingering gore are things I avoid.)
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote