View Single Post
Old 09-09-2013, 01:33 PM   #74
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
Quote:
Originally Posted by calvin-c View Post
I don't think so but I could be wrong. Many digital watches already have multi-line screens showing day, date, etc in addition to the time. I have no problem reading that second line without lifting my hand so I see no reason why I'd need to do so for phone call or email info. (I also don't think I need to see the full info but I might have no choice. How configurable is the watch? Can you set the font & have it truncate whatever doesn't fit? Questions that I suspect won't be answered until people are using it.) Generally all I need to know is the sender/caller-and I can usually identify that with only the 1st 5 characters.
Of course they have multi-line screens. But since it is a watch one of those lines should still tell the time. Now lets say that the date is replaced by the name of the caller or sender. The date would be DD/MM/YY, so to keep things at the same readable-without-moving-your-hand-closer sized font all the names in your agenda are going to have to be limited to 8 characters, or take multiple lines.

And how many lines can you still display on your screen to get the idea from 8 characters/line if the message is important?

Quote:
Can't find the link at the moment but isn't this an LCD screen? I suppose it has a backlight so you can check it in a cinema but I've never noticed anybody being disturbed by somebody checking their watch now so why would they be disturbed by somebody checking their smartwatch?
I haven't seen people checking LCD watches in the cinema, but when they check their phones, regardless of the screen size it is disturbing people.

Quote:
And the reason I have a big phone is to use apps on it such as my eReader. If all I used it for was to take phone calls then you're right-I doubt that I would have a big enough phone to make it difficult to take out of my pocket. But I prefer to carry a single multiple-purpose device vs carrying multiple single-purpose devices. That's me-YMMV.
But then you wouldn't be interested an a smartwatch since it means that you have to carry at least two multi-purpose devices.
Sil_liS is offline   Reply With Quote