View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 03:19 PM   #33
usuallee
Media Junkie
usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H20, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
Yeah, you did. Whether you meant to or not, I have no idea, but you absolutely did.

You are opining that publishers are necessarily to prevent the publishing of stuff that's dreck. Then everyone would be deprived of what the publishers think is dreck and would only get to chose from what the publisher likes. Publishers, by definition, are who make things available to the public.
OK Apk you are starting to annoy me. You are once again putting words in my mouth. You've really got to stop doing that. I suppose you believe you have the gift of telepathy. 1.) Don't presume to tell me what I implied or what I "meant" to say. That is beyond the pale in terms of sheer arrogance. I say what I mean, and mean what I say. 2.) I never said that publishers will never publish "dreck", or never fail to publish worthwhile works. My only point was that book that have gone through the "gatekeeping process" of being published by a publisher greatly improves my chances of getting something that is halfway decently written. That was my only point. And again, that was for me personally, I am of course not saying everyone has to do as I do.

You can be a self-pub apologist if you want. But again, you need to go by what I have actually said rather than reading all kinds of stuff into it that I didn't in fact say or even think.
usuallee is offline   Reply With Quote