View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 10:53 AM   #31
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by usuallee View Post
Umm excuse me, I implied no such thing.
Yeah, you did. Whether you meant to or not, I have no idea, but you absolutely did.

You are opining that publishers are necessarily to prevent the publishing of stuff that's dreck. Then everyone would be deprived of what the publishers think is dreck and would only get to chose from what the publisher likes. Publishers, by definition, are who make things available to the public.

If you only mean you want that filtering service personally, then what you want is not a publisher, it's a reviewer who's taste run in line with yours.
Then you are free to filter your selections through what the reviewer thinks, but all the rest is still out there for anyone who disagrees.
Those reviewers are out there, and I think THEY can serve that gate-keeping function that publishing houses have been serving.

Writer+editor+self-publishing+reviewer=

ApK

p.s. That's a hyphen in self-publishing, not a minus sign....the math works.

Last edited by ApK; 02-14-2013 at 11:08 AM.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote