View Single Post
Old 01-06-2020, 08:04 AM   #13
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
Frankly, I would love it if it was available, just like I would love it if the old Ballantine Adult Fantasy series was available. There are a number of books from that series that I would love to have as eBooks but just aren't available, specifically Munn's Merlin's Godson and Merlin's Ring. I do have both in paperback. There are so many orphaned works that are in danger of being lost.

Just one of the examples of the contract issues is the Erlic series by Moorcock. As far as I can tell, the Erlic books keep getting rearranged and republished by Moorcock on a regular basis. The only eBook versions currently available in the US kindle store are the graphic novel versions. Fortunately, I actually bought all the Erlic eBooks (non graphic novels) before Moorcock pulled them, so I have them, but the stories are not collected in the same order as the original DAW book series that was published back in the 70's. I do have the original DAW paperback books.

I completely agree with you.

I have an almost complete set of the original Adult Fantasy Series and I would love to see uniform ebook editions of the complete run. Since that's not possible, I've used calibre to place those original covers onto what I do have as ebooks. (I sometimes use those wonderful old pulp covers from Fantastic Novels and Famous Fantastic Mysteries as covers.)

Here's the original Lancer covers for the Elric paperbacks I own, which pre-date the DAW books:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Stormbringer.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	171.5 KB
ID:	176193   Click image for larger version

Name:	The Stealer of Souls.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	188.4 KB
ID:	176194  
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote