View Single Post
Old 10-14-2019, 08:35 PM   #2695
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, GloHD, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
I have no problem with most female narrators; a majority of the books I listen to are by female authors, who tend to have female protagonists and therefore female narrators. I'm not a fan of Xe Sands, Tavia Gilbert, or Cassandra Campbell, but don't dislike them. Some narrators I like are Saskia Maarleveld, Hilary Huber, Imogen Church, January LaVoy, and Julia Whelan.
Most of the books I listen to have male narrators. It shouldn't matter, but it bothers me. But obviously the kinds of books I like to listen to are also more likely to be narrated by men.

That said, I think we might have similar reactions, as I actively dislike both Xe Sands and Cassandra Campbell. I don't think I've ever listened to a narrator on your liked list. Women I've liked, in addition to the incomparable Nadia May, are Bernadette Dunne, Laural Merlington, Juliet Stevenson and Lisette Lecat.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote