View Single Post
Old 09-16-2019, 11:24 AM   #21
Tomk2
Groupie
Tomk2 is an accomplished Snipe hunter.Tomk2 is an accomplished Snipe hunter.Tomk2 is an accomplished Snipe hunter.Tomk2 is an accomplished Snipe hunter.Tomk2 is an accomplished Snipe hunter.Tomk2 is an accomplished Snipe hunter.Tomk2 is an accomplished Snipe hunter.Tomk2 is an accomplished Snipe hunter.Tomk2 is an accomplished Snipe hunter.Tomk2 is an accomplished Snipe hunter.Tomk2 is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebase View Post
I think that if everyone had your habits, this wouldn't be an issue for the publisher. Myself, I never buy a book I've already read....well, perhaps not "never".
It's a collection/hobby kind of thing. All hardcovers. Slowly acquiring all the hugo winners is one project, and otherwise a book has to be pretty good to earn a spot on what shelf space I have. There is pleasure in looking over the bookcase and remembering old reads. And if you can't quite recall a title, a quick thumb through it will bring it back. Ebooks aren't good for that.

Plus I truly believe that your bookshelf can reveal quite a bit about you as a person. I wouldnt dream of poking about someone's home I was in, but if you display your books I will definitely take a look!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Tomk2 is offline   Reply With Quote