View Single Post
Old 02-01-2010, 07:44 PM   #7
erasure25
Connoisseur
erasure25 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.erasure25 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.erasure25 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.erasure25 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.erasure25 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.erasure25 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.erasure25 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.erasure25 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.erasure25 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.erasure25 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.erasure25 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950; PRS-505
Congrats on your first reader. I own the Sony 900 and it's my 3rd reader. Previously, I owned the Sony 500 and then I traded it in for the 505 model. The screen appears dark in low light conditions. That's just the way these work for now. There is no light coming from the device itself, which means you must shine light on the screen from a lamp. You will notice that under low lighting conditions, you can see a vague reflection of yourself. This is normal because of the touch screen layer, which I think adds a lot more functionality to the device.

To solve, this you really need to either read with a lamp shining down at an angle (not directly overhead or else there will be a glare or get a portable book light, preferably one that uses AA or AAA batteries. It might be a good idea to get a few sets of rechargeable batts and a small portable charger that way you will always have batteries. Ambient light from 6-8 feet away doesn't really cut it. Now, you should be able to go outside with the sun shining and read it comfortably.

At first this lighting issue annoyed me, but the way I think about is that you're supposed to read under good lighting anyway, so this just forces me to read under good lighting, thus saving my eyes.
erasure25 is offline   Reply With Quote