View Single Post
Old 01-04-2014, 01:27 AM   #651
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestidigitweeze View Post
So much for my ill-timed request for a home circumcision manual. Forty years must pass before the rights once owned by Rabbi Schmiller move into the public domain!

In the meantime, are there any Bolesław Prus fans in the house? An edition of The Doll (a/k/a, Lalke) would be appreciated; ditto James Thomson's The Seasons or the works of George Darley, John Clare or William Cowper.

George Saintsbury's Historical Manual of English Prosody is a book that every poet should know, but I won't ask for it seriously because it would be hellish to try to format in epub. It seems destined to be reborn as a pdf.
The brain surgery manual I would like will also be copyright protected for many more years.

They do have an acceptable Clare edition at Delphi Classics; the probably much better Carcanet editions are not available as ebooks, unfortunately.

If you are looking for a pdf, the Internet Archive is always worth a shot, as with the Saintsbury.
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote