View Single Post
Old 11-27-2011, 03:57 PM   #1
weatherman
Addict
weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (previous: Kindle 2, Kindle Fire) Kindle 4 WiFi, K3K, KPW
In Praise of Perfect Viewer & Reading Comics on the Fire

When I first got the Fire I didn't expect it to be any good for reading graphic novels or comics - I figured the screen was just too small for the text to be legible, since I even have a hard time on the ipad. But since I was turned on to Perfect Viewer I've been reading them a lot, and it works incedibly well in landscape mode. Perfect Viewed does a great job of managing collections, and its a very easy to use but deeply functional app. In particular I love the fact that it scrolls down the page in 1/3rd increments with just a tap - for most of the graphic novels I've been reading, its perfect. So now I have a whole 'nother genre of reading material, which helps justify the Fire over other Kindle devices for me (since I don't really watch video).

Perfect Viewer is $3 in the App Store, and a shareware version is available for sideloading from other sites for those who want to try before they buy. I highly recommend it.
weatherman is offline   Reply With Quote