View Single Post
Old 12-08-2010, 02:50 PM   #4
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tieton View Post
I own a Sony PRS950. I've ordered some DRM'd books from B&N only to find that I cannot open them, either on my reader or on my Mac desktop reader app.
The problem turns out to be in B&N's servers: they have my name wrong.
To open a DRM'd book I have to type in my name incorrectly, and my credit card number. It opens.
Trying to get B&N to correct my name in their servers has been a nightmare, from which I have to waken.
The problem is their computers but they claim to not be able to fix it.
Huh?
Another prime example of why DRM should be abolished.
Do you have a BN near you? Most have a customer Service desk and should be able to help you out in person.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote