View Single Post
Old 10-13-2014, 05:02 AM   #75
Fluribus
Guru
Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Regarding the first point: I would say that it is your responsibility to ensure that your books are safely stored in a place where they cannot be copied, but if you upload your books to a reputable Cloud service (Dropbox, etc - not the sites run by criminals) and that site is then hacked, you're in the clear.
I would not want any law to mandate such a responsibility. I lock my doors because it's prudent, not because some court will punish me. My responsibility should be to refrain from intentionally distributing copies.

If I leave my Kindle on a bus, that's unfortunate. I would hope I'd get it back. I would hope that the books on it didn't get uploaded to the internet. I shouldn't be in breach of some duty to protect the intellectual property rights of the publishers and authors of those books.
Fluribus is offline   Reply With Quote