View Single Post
Old 04-29-2021, 01:06 AM   #3123
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Hoopla had four audiobook versions of Daniel Deronda available. I was tempted to go with Wanda McCaddon (aka Donald Peters aka Nadia May), but decided to borrow the Jill Tanner version instead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post

Nadia May’s one of my favorite narrators and I love listening to 19th century novels; however, for book club reads I usually read the book as I can pay closer attention to the text. I may go for a hybrid experience, either switch back and forth or listen and then skim.
I once commented to my wife that I'd happily listen to Donada Peters read the London Directory (phonebook). So when she's an option? I'm definitely going for her.

I find myself listening more than reading these days. For one thing, I can do it while knitting or gardening. For another, I'm finding harder and harder to read as compared to listen. But, that being said, I get your point about reading for a book club. It's harder to "fix" things in your mind when listening as compared to reading, so by the time I finish listening to a book, I am not always prepared to discuss it. Like you, issybird, I might go for a hybrid read.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote