View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 01:08 AM   #97
PUPPYCARE
PUPPYCARE began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi guys

I have read through most of this thread as well as the instruciton manual. You have done a great job. And Book Reader is a terrific help. Unfortunately I am missing something.

I have loaded and copied the updates etc but when I open Dook Designer Help main help I get it saying it's Book Designer 4.0 Beta, not even Book Designer 4.0. And a lot of things you mention I just don't get come up. I downloaded BD in early Jan 10 from the only link that worked for me. I have also downloaded and copied the 30/07/ 07 update file and copied it over the original Book Designer files.

I can't get Book Cleaner to come up and I don't have an "insert" button that shows anything but Bookmarks. When I open the Book Cleaner folder I can see the five items I should get, showing inside it.

Can anyone tell me were I have gone wrong? I am wondering now if my original BD file download may have problems.

I can make books with BD and they look OK in mobipocket, but I want em dashes to work OK as we use a lot of them as well as short dashes, and also want ellipses to work properly if possible. I haven't seen them mentioned here, but I may have missed that. Mine come out with the spaces removed.
PUPPYCARE is offline   Reply With Quote