View Single Post
Old 04-18-2012, 11:26 AM   #24
slex
Addict
slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT, Onyx Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by ignacio ferrer View Post
So this takes how many hours of processing before you can do what you bought the reader for: reading.
And why does a tablet have no problems given you have the appropriate apps installed?
You are telling me I have to use four different programs and spent several hours before I can actually read "problematic" PDFs ...
So this seems to be for people with a lot of patience and a complete disregard of time.
ScanTailor postprocessing (usually takes about 30 minutes on modern computers depending on the size of the book, the resolution of the images and the processing power) improves the formatting of scanned books and they look better regardless of the device. It also happens to make the book readable on Onyx M92.

If you don't care about the formatting and still want to read it on your M92, just download the djvu file from archive.org. You can read it out of the box without additional tampering.

I am not telling you that you have to do anything. I am sharing my experience, in case that someone finds it helpful.

Last edited by slex; 04-18-2012 at 11:43 AM.
slex is offline   Reply With Quote