View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 08:27 AM   #14
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
You could turn off wifi on pretty much any wifi-enabled device. Heck, if you're uber paranoid, you don't even need to associate a Google account to your tablet. Most Android devices will function perfectly well without it. You can just have the wifi off permanently and side load apps you need. If all you want the tablet for is DRM-free ebooks, music and videos on microSD card, you don't even need to connect the tablet to the internet ever.

I recently bought a Chinese Android tablet (mostly because those are the only ones I can find with both 7" 1280*800 and microSD) and use it with wifi disabled most of the time for better battery life. Primary usage is for videos and comics so side loaded Perfect Viewer and MX Player apk is pretty much all I need.
Could you provide more details than "Chinese Android"? (And I'm assuming you can have the reading program in the tablet storage, and read the e-book located on the micro SD chip without having to copy it to the tablet storage.)
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote