View Single Post
Old 05-24-2018, 04:18 AM   #651
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
I ran across this website at some point in the past, but didn't have (or take) the time, then, to vet it. I did a little vetting--about 45 minutes' worth--of it this morning.

The website is LaymansBookstore.com. The organization is a bookstore/ministry. They've got the slogan "Where the Truth is Free." (Well, most of their truth is free, anyway--they do charge for a very few things. . But, still the slogan is clever, don't you think?) They request donations, but it is on a purely voluntary basis--I've seen no indication that there is any pressure to contribute before you can download what you want. And they don't make you feel like a heel if you choose not to contribute.

Anyway, this website has some high-quality ebooks, and other materials. And most of them are things that I just haven't seen anywhere else, free at least. It seems that most websites with free ebooks appear just to have thrown together whatever they've happened to find; the organization behind Layman's Bookstore seems to do some real curating before they post their ebooks and other items. This website of freebies of "Christian Interest" is like a breath of fresh air.

Being a ministry (or associated with one), the organization does, of course, espouse certain beliefs. But it's all very low-key, and really the only way that I could find to determine where they stand on doctrines is by examining the particular ebooks that they offer. There may be a "statement of beliefs" or something to that effect somewhere on their website, but I never did see one.

This is a website that, in my opinion, you definitely need to check out. And that's exactly what I plan to do more of later today, soon after I've gotten some (much-needed) shuteye.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 05-24-2018 at 04:28 AM.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote